1. biking EVERYWHERE- the wonderful feeling of an active lifestyle is one of the best ways to combat narcissism. i haven't felt this healthy in a while. the benefits of physical exercise extend far beyond the realm of the physical. save money, enjoy the summer life. biking is great.
2. the cafes- enjoying the proximity to some of the best cafes around. ultimo coffee is about a 20 minute bike ride. counter culture espressos and macchiatos. you just cant find stuff this good in the burbs.
3. having people over- the depths of this desire extend deep into the reaches of my childhood.
4. cooking- part of this comes from having such a bad-ass kitchen, but this is an art, one in whose familiarity i have recently discovered an enormous amount of value. juxtaposed to this is the feeling of having control over your own food-buying decisions.
5. the house- its great. if you haven't seen it, you need to. there's no lack of color here.
6. the neighborhood- who are these people? what are their stories? what incredible dignity they have.
off to maine soon. hoping to write about it. perhaps a photo essay is in order?
Dear Aaron,
ReplyDeleteLink my blog. I'll link yours. And I gotta say, for all the adventures ahead of me, I am aware I am missing out on something awesome in West Phil. Good luck.
Do you bite your thumb at the Gryphon?
ReplyDeleteHmm..can I come cook dinner with you sometime? that would be swell.
ReplyDelete