i was standing in line at a fast food restaurant when she walked in. i was wearing my glasses and my blue jacket, and when she saw me she cowered in that way that she does, and she muttered something like "O you look smart." No "hi." No "how are you." Her social nervousness caused her to forget the salutation, even when the person she was addressing hadnt seen or talked to her in over 6 months and lived in a different part of the country.
Unable to deal with the situation, she ran out of the restaurant. I meanwhile, found myself in a state of complete shock at all this, so much so that i suddenly discovered i was in the front of the line, and turned around to see the lady at the register yelling at me for holding up the line.
I, too, ran out of the restaurant, but discovered her nowhere to be found. I got in my car and called her, pleading with her to let me buy her a cup of coffee. She agreed, and we setup to meet at this coffee shop. So i drove to the coffee shop and waited. She doesn't show. I go home angry and depressed.
The next morning I wake up vaguely conscious (a dream within a dream) of some noise in the house last night. Taped to my dresser I find a note from her elaborating on her recent life. But the note is multiple pages long, and contains more than just words. She drew all these little pictures and shapes in the margin. And interjected between her ramblings about her goings ons are random little quotes that meant something to her.
I look around for her, but she is nowhere to be found.
my subconscious self wishes to construct some sort of fairy tale.
No comments:
Post a Comment